Friday, August 28, 2009

My Ideas

My most recent idea is to create a body of work based around the Banksia - for those of you who don't know they are an Aussie plant. Up to tonight that was pretty much all i knew about them. I love the fruit of the plant that are hard and woody and resemble cones.




I came across a chair in a shop in Murwillumbah that had been refurbished covered in hemp with a print of a Banksia - I would've have loved it but couldn't justify the $1200 price tag. So this chair has inspired me again to pull out my banksia drawings and start creating.


I've stumbled across some banksia inspired works on etsy - click them for more info





Banksia Pod Drop Spindle Top by 3GWoodWorks

Banksia Lino Cut by BizzareGalah

If anyone has any ideas please share and hopefully this will get me inspired to create.

2 comments:

mandi said...

oh i love this idea!

GemmaJoy said...

Thanks Mandi, I've been playing around with drawings and they are getting better - hopefully I will get something back on my etsy site soon. Thanks for all ur comments!!

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com