Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blogtoberfest - October 11th

I had the best weekend in Brisbane! It started with a walk to West End. West End was great, we had a drink at a funky cafe. I looked in some cute little art shops like Nook, but I was overwhelmed by everything I couldn't pick anything! We continued walking back to South Bank where the markets were on and watched some buskers.

We went to the QPAC playhouse to see Bangarra an Aboriginal Dance/theatre production. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. There were moments where I had goosebumps, times were I was shocked and an overall feeling of omg these people are talented. I recommend that everyone needs to see it!!!!
Click on the link below for a Youtube clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4bYuJOdga0

I also had a quick look in the Brisbane gallery of modern art. Theres an area in the gallery called the water hall (well so I think). See the photo below (taken from their facebook page (picture is of Dave Graney a true Aussie rocker) around the platfrom is water. There's a few platfroms in the water with large sculpture pieces on them. Anyway ever since my first visit I've always wondered if anyone has ever fallen in! Well on Saturday I saw someone fall in. It was an older lady and I felt so sorry for her.

1 comments:

JulieT said...

Hi Gemma I keep coming back to your site I think your work is wonderful I would like to invite you to a brand new social network for Australian artists
http://rainbowcafe.ning.com
Rgards Julie

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com