Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blogtoberfest - October 15th

Yesterday I went on a National Parks Discovery Walk - A Bush Tucker Yanbala (Walk)

A Minjungbal (local aboriginal tribe) guide took us for a walk around the Fingal Head reserve and lighthouse. It was a fantastic morning, I learnt so much about Fingal head, about plants, the coloured sand (unfortunately 75% of if got mined about 50 years ago). It was such a beautiful area, the ocean was an amazing colour. I think I need to go back with my sketch book and spend a day admiring the view and drawing. I love Australia. A friend I met in America is coming to visit and I can't wait to take her there.

The picture below is amazing, I don't know how the fishermen got there (not connected to the land). Yes freak waves have been known to wash fishermen away.

If you live around south east QLD or Far North NSW check out the website. National parks run lots of activities during the school holidays. This walk cost $8 for 2 hours, well worth it!!!!
http://www.discoverballina.com/events_monthly.asp






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com