Monday, November 9, 2009

Oi Miss

I've never been the type of teacher who cares about what name the kids call me. I respond to Miss Campbell, Miss, Mrs Campbell, Mr Campbell, Ms Candle, Mr Camel and Mum. Today was the day to be called every name under the sun. A year 3 student (class bully) called me Mum and tried to cover it up with "nah said hey man". I can't stand the constant "Miss Miss Miss Miss Can't you hear me Miss".

Today after weeks of trying to keep students on task by teaching quality lessons, I reverted to old fashioned bribery!! I don't know why I didn't try it earlier. It's amazing what kids will do for a lollipop or a smiggle rubber. Has anyone else out there noticed how obsessed kids are with anything from smiggle.


Life is Peachy!!

5 comments:

miss carly said...

yes. my sister [11years] is forever asking me to buy her smiggle stuff. she writes me a list and i usually purchase online but one of the items she wants will mean i have to go to parra to buy it. sigh.

~ Jan ~ said...

I soon learnt what Smiggle was when we moved back...the local kids are into it. The girls bought a couple of pencil cases there and they broke within a day. We're now not into Smiggle in this house. :) Oh...and bribe away!

Flamin' Galahs said...

Shoot I feel out of it, whats a smiggie? Jans going to tell me to JFGI I know....

GemmaJoy said...

Smiggle is an over priced stationary shop in Australia.

brownhairblueribbon said...

I just bought some smiggle stuff for a 9 year I old I sponsor via smith family. Was a bit worried it was a boring gift but feel better now!

My little sister is a brand new teacher and when she did her placement they called her Miss Heater, our surname is Heath.
When I was in yr 4 we had a teacher called Mr Wiggley.. That ruined all the fun, the name was already to perfect to change!

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com