Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Audreys at The Shed

Scott and I went and saw The Audreys last night. It was one of those gigs that we unexpectedly came across. I was listening to the radio and they said something about The Audreys, I completely missed what they said but made a mental note to check out their website. Scott and I were sitting at home last Sunday afternoon and I got him to check out their tour dates. There was a gig at The Shed on Saturday night!!! Tickets were only $20.

It wasn't until we got to the Shed (would just like to point out my directions were correct and not Scott's) that we realised The Shed was about celebrating Queensland. And what better way to celebrate then with free stuff - stubbie holders and singlets!! I do like free stuff.
It was an intimate gig and although we didn't turn up early we got seats in the front row!!! The guitarist even had a Texas Longhorns panel on his guitar strap! I wouldn't ever want to be in a field with those cows.
It was a fantastic gig - the band interacted really well with audience. They made us laugh and even asked for requests. They played all my favourite songs... really makes me want to go to Woodford Folk Festival and see them again.

1 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Gemma, Congrats on your Madeit sale below., Love the blue felt and buttons. BTW you won a needlecase giveaway on my blog. Let me know your address helen at rooney dot net dot au

cheers,
Helen
stitcharooney.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com