Tuesday, December 8, 2009

An Eventful day

I woke up in a grumpy mood this morning, I think I've blogged about not being a morning person before. It wasn't helped by Scott harassing me this morning, his humour in the morning is not funny.
Anyway I planned on dropping my newly finished shirts off to Handmade Heaven - but I lacked motivation. I slowly got dressed and found my Button Shoes - which I haven't worn in a while because they needed a quick gluing back together. The shoes were ready to go and that was all the inspiration I needed.
I jumped in the car and off I went. I was going pretty well until I noticed (at the last second) that a car had STOPPED in the middle lane in a 110KM zone. I slammed on my brakes and when I realised I wasn't going to stop in time I swerved. I'm counting my lucky stars that no one was in the lane next to me and that I didn't roll my car. So I decided that I needed to reward my survival with a something from Handmade Heaven (I was going to anyway)
I arrived safely. What a great shop HH is! So much to choose from, lots to see -- yes I stayed for a while... I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything!!!!
In the end I got a cute little purse that is now my new wallet. I also got a card for Scott's mum for xmas.

[IMG_9306.JPG]

A picture of Handmade Heaven (from her blog)

6 comments:

Vic said...

Gosh - what a death-defying trip! Yikes! Handmade lovelyness was obviously well deserved... ;)

bubbachenille said...

Lucky you got to Handmade Heaven and not the other heaven!

created by Kylie said...

So glad your precision driving skills saved the day. Handmade Heaven is such a lovely place to find a little treat for yourself. Shame our paths didn’t cross again; I was in there in the morning (bright and early though, probably while you were still felling grumpy!).
I’d love to see a photo of your button shoes.

GemmaJoy said...

HH is a much better heaven to go to! I will post of blog about my shoes, I just love them!

The Handmade Expo and Handmade Heaven said...

Welcome welcome welcome....I am trying to get my post together...keep an eye out for it...
Thanks for the plug and glad you made it nice and safe...

Liesa

GemmaJoy said...

Thankyou for the welcome liesa and for blog post!!!

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com