Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Exciting news!!

If you don't already know I'm a teacher. I studied primary education for 4 years. Since I finished uni in 2006 I've only taught for 6 months full time in a primary school. The rest of my time has been filled with being a lady of leisure in the USA, casual teaching, teaching yr8 maths to ESL students, year 9 drama and year 7 English and Studies of Society and Environment.

And now for my exciting news as of next week I will be teaching art to kindergarten, year 2/3 and year 6 on Wednesdays for term 1 and with the possibility of all year. So why am I so excited? Because where I live casual teachers are a dime a dozen!! There's lots of competition for work (I know casuals who come in on days they aren't working to go to staff meetings). I also haven't worked since before Xmas and money coming into my account instead of going out is an unknown concept.

So I'm excited and a little nervous. The principal wants me to teach year 6 how to draw... I'm off to find some cool art sites.

7 comments:

tinypaperheart said...

i'm a teacher too! i teach 1st grade. wow, how exciting for you! congratulations. :)

Lillipilli Lane said...

Whoaa! Wonderful news - so great for the kindy kids. Congrats:)

Lisa T said...

That's wonderful news. You must be just sooooo excited.

Good luck with it all.

Lis

Vic said...

Oh congrats! Primary art would be so much fun!

...and lol - I don't mind kmart, but I know what I'd choose if I had to choose just one!

That DOES sound like a fantastic group doesn't it? We could sit in the park & throw cats at passers by... ;)

Thank you for your comment hon, muchos appreciated.
xo

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

Congratulations! My father and sister were/are teachers and I know they feel your pain with the "dime a dozen" comment! How exciting to be teaching art to such a young group! Have a blast!

I think your pictures are gorgeous, so glad I found your blog! I'm your newest follower!

The Handmade Expo and Handmade Heaven said...

Yay, this is so exciting and right down your ally.
GOOD LUCK

Liesa

brownhairblueribbon said...

Oh wonderful - congratulations! My sister is a new grad and just got a month or two working at a wonderful school - teaching seems to be so rewarding when it works out well.

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com