Sunday, February 28, 2010

Friendship

I was reading an article in this months frankie and I haven't stopped thinking about it. I can't remember the name of the article or the person who wrote it (and I'm far to lazy to pick it up and flick through it). What grabbed my attention was a comment about being "a sometimes friend".



Since I've moved back from the states I think I've become a "sometimes friend". This is the first place I have ever lived where I don't have a friend that I could call to go and have lunch or even have a coffee with.



I have friends at home (which is an hours drive south), friends in the NT, friends overseas, friends all over the place... but no friends here.

So I think that I'm a sometimes friend.

2 comments:

Kellie Christie said...

Oh that's a bit sad :-( Your not a sometimes friend, you just haven't met the right sort of people yet. It is definitely hard making new friends but they do come along in the most surprising places.

Having said that though I am a believer that friends come and go in your life. It all depends on where your life is at and turning to certain people for certain things.

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

I don't know if this helps, but I am in the exact same boat as you. Because of my husband's promotion, I had to quit my job so we could move several hundred miles up north. I did it willingly because it is an awesome opportunity for him, but I left all of my friends back there!

My new location is lovely, but since I don't yet have a job here, I'm very unconnected and have no one to call my friend yet. I'm hoping this changes soon!! (For both of us!)

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com