Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Creative Space

This is what's happening in my creative space. I had my second custom order (see picture below) this morning and it's already in the post on it's way to Melbourne. When I went to post it off I bought felt. I really couldn't help myself!!! I'm not quite sure what to create yet.... thinking, thinking.
I'm also working on another type of brooch. My mum introduced me to this style and created a brooch for me to wear to a recent wedding. Below is my second attempt and it's still a work in progress.
I wore my new black sandals out today. I wrote about these shoes in last weeks "My place and Yours". Well when I got home I went to take them off and my thumb got stuck in the buckle. Right hand left foot.... I was completely stuck!!!! I hopped from the kitchen to the lounge and battled to get my thumb out. So a warning to everyone keep your thumbs away from large shoe buckles.

6 comments:

Kirsty said...

I really like that scrappy style. It's really interesting & I imagine more lovely as it frays?

bubbachenille said...

These look great as usual gemma! Do you think you could email me so I can ask your advice on something on the net ? Would really appreciate it if you could.
Miriam

GemmaJoy said...

Sure bubba I sent you an email

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Gorgeous, love your work!

Speaking of gorgeous, I got a lovely little parcel in the mail today, guess what was inside? Yep, two spectacular brooches lovingly created by GemmaJoy!!! Thanks heaps Gem, I love them both! The plan was for me to keep the purple one and give the turquoise one to my mum - but I might just have to keep them both, is that wrong? ;-)

Perhaps shoes with buckles aren't such a good idea, you don't want to damage those nifty fingers of yours!

Kelly :-)

GemmaJoy said...

I'm so glad you love them!!!! What a terrific thursday.
Just the inspiration I needed to work on some more (winters coming and everyone needs a brooch).
It's not wrong to keep them both....I hope my mum isn't reading this!! lol :)

Gingini said...

How colourful! Beautiful flowers! :)

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com