Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Creative Space

My creative space is borrowed today from my very talented kiddies at school. Yesterday was my first day of teaching art on a Wednesday. I had a great day and discovered a lot of talent in my year 6 class.
I started the day in the Kindergarten room. Oh they are so cute... I could just eat them up!! We read a book on dinosaurs (just imagine 15 little kids sitting on the floor totally mesmerised in a book, even the naughty boy). We did dinosaur rubbings. It was adorable! Some kids were concentrating so hard they had their little tongues poking out.


This term I'm focusing on drawing with year 6. There are some really talented kids in this class.

Books for inspiration next week.


I thought I would show you my school bag. I love it. It's a Catherine Manuell travel bag. I bought it in 2006 and it's still going strong. It's been lugged around at school, taken on school camps, travelled overseas and used as an overnight bag. It's a terrific bag for school because it fits a lot of my junk and it has wheels.
To reflect on my day it was great. It was terrific having my own lessons and classes again. Awesome day...even though I wasn't allowed to use the new oil pastels or even take the red or yellow old pastels because they were popular... and I won't mention the glue sticks.
Oh teachers gotta love em!!!!

10 comments:

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

Sounds like an AWESOME day! Thanks for sharing it! P.S. LOVE the bag!!

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

That bag is fabulous! I’m so glad you had a great first day.

june at noon said...

How inspiring to spend time creating with young artists. Looks like they're quite talented!

Little Eve said...

Only one naughty boy in prep! I love the difference in the artwork of the two ages. Cathy

yardage girl said...

We're sooo into dinosaurs here too - fun for the whole family!

brownhairblueribbon said...

Frigging awesome miss gemmajoy! So glad you are having fun at school with them. Can;t wait to see more sneak peeks at the kids creations. Glad they are inspiring you, as you will be them.

Munted kowhai said...

wow one of the kids did an exact copy of the portrait. that bag looks awesome, looks like you can fit alot of stuff in there!
i nearly forgot, i can get frankie here now!!
yay! thanks for telling me.
i bought some vintage maps of oregon and nz a few weeks ago from etsy.. waiting for them to arrive to frame them!

cappy sue creations said...

wonderful post and I love the kid work so great they have such a thoughtful teacher.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

i love catherine manuell ... i bought one of her satchell's to take overseas and it was fantastic. exactly the same fabric as your bag only red.

Bird Bath said...

I really enjoyed a peek at the kid art here. hope you sure some more. I love that part of teaching when you see those enthusiastic little faces full of concentration :)

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com