Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kitchen Aide

I started drawing a kitchen aide mixer yesterday. Why? Because I was looking at a magazine of the weekend and there was a shot of someones kitchen and 2 mixers took pride of place. Are these mixers a status symbol?
When I lived in the States I saw a white mixer at Walmart for $199. I saw coloured mixers in Australia about a month ago for over $700 each. YIKES!!!!
I don't cook and I think they are expensive... but they look awesome!! So a new series has begun. I don't normally show drawings this early so please ignore the pencil lines and out of proportion drawings.










7 comments:

Kellie Christie said...

Looking good Gemma! I'm loving the red one. I would love a kitchenaid in a funky colour, but you are right, so expensive!

GemmaJoy said...

Thanks Kellie! I would love one, but it would be for show... they just look so good!!! I would have to get a red one!

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

These are awesome! I can totally see these framed on a kitchen wall! Nice work!

GemmaJoy said...

Thankyou, I think they would look great framed too (even if I say so myself lol). I'm experimenting with colour and trying to make them a bit big bigger (you can't tell in the photos but they are quite small)

Cuggles! Kids said...

Brilliant! You've no reason to be shy about showing off your early works in progress, these look great. I'm obsessed with mixers at the moment and have recently taken pics of my 'Barb' a 70's model picked up at the opshop. I plan to post her on my blog soon as I love love love her.

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

I love the line work and freedom of the second drawing. I don’t harbour any desires to own one though – just another thing to get dusty!!!! Perhaps when I have my new kitchen with lots of storage space!

Kellie Christie said...

I have given you a circle of friends award. Pop over to my blog if you would like to participate.

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com