Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Creative Space

This week I have been playing with my Eames Chair designs. I rolled some red paint onto paper (watercolour was the only paper I had) and drew my design on.
and did the same with the other chair

All chairs together.
I don't know what I think of the end result... sometimes I look at all the red and think someone has cut themselves badly. It feels good to experiment!


I also rearranged the shelf in my kitchen. Our kitchen is tiny and this shelf is meant to be for extra storage. But our place is very dusty so I use the shelf to display pretty things. I bought speakers for my Ipod so music has returned to my home!!!
For more creative spaces head over to Kootooyo

10 comments:

Kirsty said...

I like the red ... I don't think it looks like an injury site at all.

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

I love the red too - and the chair prints are fab.

squareby said...

Those are fantastic! Love the red, love the chair. As an architecture major, I have a great appreciation for all things Eames.

Kylie said...

Those chairs look fabulous and I love your shelf too. K

Kellie Christie said...

Love the red too!! I wish I had a lovely little shelf like yours to display my photos and other knick knacky things. My house is fairly kid proof so everything is shoved up out of little hands reach and not on display.

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Love it and the red is so bold. Back when I was rep for a print company I had a print in my range with big red drips down it, people loved the rest of the image, but shied away from the blood like drips. Your red doesn’t remind me of blood though.

yardage girl said...

I like red in any form - black and red together are great - nice design - you should frame it for your shelf. Nic

midge said...

love red, love the chairs and love ipod docks

Brenda said...

I think it looks great, would look great in a frame or printed on some fabric for a cushion!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

i like the chairs over the smear of red ... such lovely classic chairs. vary the colour and see what you get ... the chairs are too beautiful to give up on them.

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com