Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Creative Space

For my creative space this week I'm sharing a few photos of my weekend craft session with my mum!
Mum and I had a great weekend. It started on Friday afternoon making necklaces and putting flowers together. On Saturday we went to Spotlight and bought more felt, fabric and buttons. Stopped in at "Sweet Pea" for chai tea and pumpkin and miso rolls (I think this may be my favourite cafe in Lismore (everything is vego and mostly if not all organic. It was also were I first discovered the magazine Frankie (and they still have the same copy on display))

I discovered that I'm in love with polka buttons and a new range of big buttons I found at Spotlight. My mum got over her dislike of doilies and used a couple of new brooches. My cat loves chasing after beads as they tap along the tiles (I think he may have eaten some too...silly cat).My mum is left handed and she uses her scissors upside down. I came very close to sewing a straight line on the sewing machine... but the bobbin had run out so my straight line was all in my head.
I woke on Sunday to find all my craft supplies organised. Buttons separated into colours, fabric neatly folded, cotton together in my new vintage sewing basket (thanks mum). I can happily say that it's still all organised.

The result of the weekend was lots of new designs and items made. Just need to take some better photos of them. Some items are up on Madeit if you would like to have a closer look.

Thanks for reading all the way to the bottom. Pop over to Kristys to see who's got their craft going on this week.

15 comments:

~~**sKySiE**~~ said...

Great pics - i love love love doilies and buttons!!! My basset hound ate a huge yellow button from my stash (didnt find out till i was doing the rounds in the backyard). Im glad im not the only crafty person who has issues sewing a straight line on the sewing machine - im pretty sure the guide line on my maching is crooked :).

Oh and i got my parcel of goodies yesterday - i promptly sent mms pics to everyone showing them off - and everyone wanted to know "whered you get that.. and wheres mine???" so i have shared your store with some of my pals -- AND im sooo sooo sooooooooo in love with my poodle brooch, i have worn it to work today and a lady on the train asked where i found it, so i wrote down your store address for her aswell.

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

love the gems you made with your Mum. how wonderful to have that time. have a blog giveaway for my mom right now.
Karen

Kiki said...

Wow..these are all so super charming and beautiful! Lovely!
Kiki~

Amanda said...

Super cute designs and one handy Mom you have there....:)

Kirsty said...

You guys got through heaps! Job well done.

Sarah. Splish Splash Designs said...

Very cute, love it all :)

Stephanie and Carlos said...

Did you have crafting with your Mum dreams all week end?? LOL...

xo Steph

Cotton Kiwi said...

What a great weekend crafting with your Mum. Aren't Mum's the best? Love all your necklaces and other bits and pieces. Gorgeous!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

these look fantastic. I love the little multicoloured doily flowers and the bottons.

My Creative Space

Kylie said...

Isn't it so much nicer when you can work with someone? I'm a big fan of Frankie too, my other mag fave is Dumbo Feather. Pass it on!

midge said...

everyone needs a crafty mum. can i borrow yours to tidy my supplies!

Wendy . . . said...

They look great!
Hey my middle name is 'Joy' too!
Cheers

clare's craftroom said...

All so lovely ! Your mum sounds great too !

Stephanie and Carlos said...

I am having some blog friends over for a coffee on my blog and you are invited... bring your Mum along too hehe

xo Steph

Tammy James said...

Ohhh what a pretty bunch of lovelies you have on show in this post!

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com