Monday, November 22, 2010

Madeit


Support Australian Handmade this Christmas. Signing up is easy, free and fast.


About madeit
Madeit.com.au is a handmade online buying and selling destination, which showcases Australia’s most creative, undiscovered art, design & craft talent. Lovers of handmade can purchase items on madeit.com.au, direct from the sellers and can choose from fashion, art, homewares, accessories, stationery, children and babies clothing and toys and much much more.

Madeit.com.au is different to other online designer destinations as it only supports local Australian talent. Shopping on madeit is a great way to support local designers & crafters and sellers can gain exposure and sell their wares all day every day and to every corner of Australia and the world.





Have you heard of Madeit?


A few words from the founder Bec Davies

Who is the founder of madeit.com.au?
Madeit was founded by myself and my partner Jayc in July 2007. I studied photography after high school, worked in the field then move to London and returned to study graphic design. I’m a thirty something handmade lover. I love going to the markets, I’m addicted to the internet, I love to create, bake & garden.


When did madeit start?
Madeit first started out as a directory of my favourite independent sellers in late 2006. Evidence of the array of talent in Australia led me to launch an affordable e-commerce store solely for handmade goods. The madeit.com.au online shop opened in mid 2007.

What was your inspiration for madeit?
As a photographer, graphic designer, crafter and market seller I have always been interested in all things handmade & independent. I love buying unique, small run, handmade goodies. I wanted a place on the internet where all these things were in one place. Hence why I started the directory, a google search for independent designers in 2006 was like finding a needle in a haystack and at that time there were no simple directories that listed independent designers.

As the directory grew we thought it was time to take the next step and open the shop. We have been overwhelmed by the amount of talent in Australia and madeit is solely about showing this talent to Australia and a broad.

All information has been taken from madeit.com.au



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com