Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday at Southbank

Today we went to GOMA to view the current exhibition 21st Century: Art in the First Decade.
I loved it!!
There were lots of kids running around and gallery workers were having a hard time stopping everyone (adults and children) from touching the pieces.
One of my favourite pieces is the picture above. The size and colour amazed me.
I also loved the I wish.... ribbons. The concept is to write a wish and replace your wish with a wish ribbon. Scott and I both made wishes and placed them in the wall. His ribbon said "I wish I had my own pet". The first ribbon I picked up said "I wish I had a more patient mother" (lets see if she bites) I wished I had picked "I wish I was a ballerina travelling the world" (not so much the ballerina but I would love to be travelling).
We waited in line to enter this black box. It was filled with fluro balls suspended from the roof, mirrors and water. When we entered the black lights were turned on... it became very obvious that I wasn't a natural blonde.
We had lunch under a shady tree in South bank before making our way back home.
What did you do today?

1 comments:

AJ said...

Sounds like a great day! I plan on taking my son there soon!

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to comment!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com